« Home | Aprons Abound » | Instant Gratification Socks and other Spooky Hallo... » | I Need to Learn This » | Soleil » | Work Safe Once Again » | Priceless San Francisco Art » | Change is Good » | Sound Familiar? » | A Few Quick Pictures » | The One Sock-A Project's Tale » 

Sunday, November 05, 2006 

More Instant Gratifaction

Can you say American?

Well, you probably can.

Funny!



Yesterday I decided to use some of the Noro Kureyon that was burning a hole in my stash (present (read de-stashing) from the mimbly) to make a hat.

I really wanted to do something with the amazing colors, so I adapted the Jaywalker pattern.

Here's what I came up with.





It was simple. I cast on 95 (Jaywalker requires a multiple of 19) and made three rows of ribbing and then worked the pattern for 6 inches (should have done more), then decreased in the normal hat way starting with k5 k2tog.

It was going to be for Phil, but he looks like Jughead in it.



And don't even ask how it looks with the points down: like some kind of anime/sci-fi weirdo. That's it, let the hate mail come.

But now Phil wants a hat in Noro (who can blame him?) that has the zigzags. How do I make this without the points? Is it possible?

Funny!


hey!! that was a really good idea - to adopt the jat-walker pattern to the hat. how lovely that you converted another innocent soul to the clutches of the noro. how to lose the anime points? i dont know, maybe find another jay-walker-like pattern with less of a deep "v's" - & more ribbing to absorb the points? i have one of those stitch bibles if you want to take a gander....

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bethro
  • From
  • Image hosting by Photobucket
My profile