« Home | Honest Answers » | Guilt is an Amazing Motivator-Now with Pictures! » | What to Knit Next (Once What I've Not Knit is Knit) » | A Preview » | Bunnies, and Blue Jays, and Deer...Oh My » | The Black Hole of Crafting » | Knitting Lethargy » | In which I provide many pictures and witty remarks » | It's been a while » | Secret Pals and So On » 

Monday, September 04, 2006 

The One Sock-A Project's Tale

I've finally finished a knitting project. It's been since...about May, I think. I blame today's violent programming.

These socks are for my MIL. They were birthday presents; they are now Christmas presents.



Some of you may have looked at the title of this post, then read the first sentence and thought "hmmmm....one sock is a finished project?" But, as you can see, I do have two socks.

Let me give you a little background on the hubby. He is strange. One of his odd enjoyments is to change the text on the computer and then see if I notice (or how long it takes me to notice).

Add that to the fact that when I blog my pictures, I move them to the desktop and title them to make it easier to place the right picture in the right place. I had moved this picture




and title it "one sock." When I came back to the desktop a while later, it was titled "one sock to rule them all." If you don't get this reference, don't worry. It only means you aren't quite as nerdy as we are. If you do get it and don't think it's funny, just don't tell me because I think it is hilarious.

Anyway, these socks come from this pattern, using this yarn in bright red. I enjoyed them, but think I am going to start moving away from worsted weight socks.

Where I show even more items given to me

Lately, with my lack of projecting, I have filled this blog with a "look at my new possessions" style of entertainment. Here is more.

Cristina, feeding the sewing frenzy, gave me some beautiful notions and fabric for my birthday.







I don't know what I'd like to do with it yet. Any suggestions?

This weekend, my parents are in San Francisco for a visit. My mom suprised me with some sewing notions and also



This big black item is for using spools of thread without a bobbin. Clever, yes?

And then, because what would a blog be without a random picture taken by Phil, here is me singing into my hairbrush.


Lol (hair brush).... I do a mean karioki (spelling?)to Nina Simone...''Ain't Got No, I got life.''...your mum might know that one... anddddddd your mil will love those socks...because You knitted them for Her.....:) One sock...plus one.

socks looks awesome (what pattern did you use?).
glad you liked your birthday surprise....how about a tea cozy or apron for that fabric??
i got your message late yesterday. things have been a little nutty since we got back...and now we're preparing to get back on the plane for another red eye - this time to your neck of the woods. no, we're not flying to downtown SF, we're going to Boston/New Hampshire on Thursday night for a weekend wedding. A phone call will come shortly!!!....
p.s. that picture of you singing rocks!! (lame pun intended)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bethro
  • From
  • Image hosting by Photobucket
My profile