« Home | Piquant or Extra Spicy? » | Victory! » | Need Advice » | Updates and Confessions » | Hail to the Beth » | Olympic Style Knitting » | I heart Bethro » | Totally Yarn Obsessed » | First lap » | Pictures, Pictures, Everywhere » 

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 

Yarn and Other Important Items

Alicia, if you are reading this post, read no further; it contains birthday secrets.



Yesterday I had an interview in the Marina, which put me very close to my new favorite San Franciscan yarn store, Greenwich Yarn.

I bought yarn for my sister's birthday.




This will, through the magic of knitting, become the "Shadow Boxing" socks from Knit Socks . I decided on a contrast toe and heel in the black to make it interesting (and because she likes these colors). The lady at the store suggested this yarn (Rowan Cork) since it is soft and, says she, fun to use.

I also (finally) bought my Sockapalooza yarn: Debbie Bliss Wool/Cotton



I just really like Debbie Bliss, and the wool/cotton combo will make the sock sturdier without resorting to nylon. These will be striped socks with short row heels.

I think both of these yarns are discontinued (I know the Debbie Bliss is). Greenwich Yarn had them in the sale section.

Stay tuned for updates and pictures on my finished Knitting Olympics project.

About me

  • I'm Bethro
  • From
  • Image hosting by Photobucket
My profile