« Home | The good, the bad, and the recipe » | I'm a bad blogger » | All Sorts of Pals » | Darby's Story » | Il Giorno di San Giuseppe » | "Applause" » | Fearful Knitting and Blogging » | I'm famous » | A Little Suntin' » | Alicia: do not read » 

Thursday, April 13, 2006 

Celebrating the Bastille

Stolen from Jen's blog.

After typing my birthday in Wikipedia I have discovered.

Events

1789 - French Revolution: Citizens of Paris storm the Bastille and free seven prisoners.

1902 - The Campanile in St Mark's Square, Venice collapses, also demolishing the loggetta.

1967 - Eddie Mathews becomes the seventh member of the 500 home run club with a home run at Candlestick Park in San Francisco, California.

Births

1671 - Jacques D'Allonville, French astronomer and mathematician (d. 1732)
1721 - John Douglas, Scottish Anglican bishop and man of letters (d. 1807)
1988 - James Vaughan, English footballer

Deaths

1780 - Charles Batteux, French philosopher (b. 1713)
1881 - Billy the Kid, American outlaw (b. 1860)
1998 - Dick McDonald, American fast food entrepreneur (b. 1909)

There was a disproportionate amount of French people and events. Bastille Day is one I knew of, but apparently my birthday relates to many things French.

I want to be a "woman of letters." How does one do that?

I have no idea who James Vaughan is, I'm just amazed that someone born in 1988 can be famous.

Did you folks know McDonald's first name was Dick, I'm certain there's an extremely tasteless joke in their somewhere, but I have to go to work.

hey wait a minute... isn't bastille day TOMORROW? Thus, your birthday would be TOMORROW?

Fellow Aries unite! And happy early birthday to you! What are you going to do?

Oh wait a minute... Bastille day is July 14, not april 14. I got a bit too excited there for my own good.

I too want to know what a man of letters is.

Hi Beth

I told my friend Donna at work about your blog. She passed it on to her family and friends who are knitters and they are thrilled.

Donna is running the Marathon on Monday for Dana Farber. My feet hurt just thinking about it. I think you knitters have the right idea. Another friend and I are volunteering from the comfort of the Copley Plaza hotel where the Dana Farber runners check in at the end of the race.

Happy Easter

Love
Aunts

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bethro
  • From
  • Image hosting by Photobucket
My profile