« Home | Day 3-The Day of the Salad » | Turkey Week » | It's like some kind of much better deflowering » | "Second Post of the Day" or "Perhaps I need a Job" » | Crafty you-know-whats » | I swear she has arms » | Knitting Fever » | Another Christmas Picture » | Does your yarn hang low? » | FOs, UFOs, and Some Rambling » 

Friday, January 27, 2006 

El Turkey Burrito

Before we begin discussing "El Turkey Burrito," I would like to make note of an addendum to "Phil's Family Style Turkey Roles".

Beth, Phil's sister and so heir to the turkey role recipe, commented

"A note to your Turkey Spread recipe, if you are a fan of pickles (which I am) you can use some sweet gerkins as well. Cut them up into little circles and add then with the celery and onion. If you REALLY like pickles (which I do) use 1/2 turkey stock and 1/2 pickle juice when moistening the turkey."

And now, without further ado

Thursday: Turkey Burritos

I'm not certain what the difference between a burrito and a soft taco is. I'm not sure these aren't fajitas. All I know is that I like them, and burrito is shorter than soft taco, and easier to pronounce than fajitas. So the purists out there can complain all the like (preferably not to me), but I will keep the title.

Ingredients:

One batch flour tortilla dough, cooked and ready

Half of your remaining turkey (this should be about a wing).

1 can refried beans

1/2 bag frozen mixed vegetables

1/2 onion

1 cup cooked rice

Louisiana style hot sauce (in other words, not Tabasco)

Olive oil

salt and pepper

Directions:

Please note, the directions pick up after you have prepared the tortillas and cooked the rice.

Pour some (enough to thinly coat the pan) olive oil into a big pan and turn on the stove. Once the oil is nice and hot, add the onion. Cook until the onion begins to brown. Add the refried beans, vegetables (you can add them frozen or thawed), and turkey (pulled or cut into bits). Cook until the beans are well mixed and sort of runnier than they were from the can. Add the rice and mix well. Add the hot sauce to taste (in our house, I like it very hot, and Phil likes it a little hot, so I make the filling medium and then add to my own burritos). After the hot sauce, add the salt and pepper to taste. Turn the stove off and fill the tortillas.

Will turkey week always have the same meals? On the same day?

Just curious.

Anonymous asked a good question here...

I doubt it. I imagine Monday would have to be the same or similar, and I think it will always include the turkey rolls. Otherwise, I don't think so.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Bethro
  • From
  • Image hosting by Photobucket
My profile